Thursday, January 26, 2012

OPERATION Re-Invigorate Marble Table Lamp


Vintage Marble Base Table Lamp - Before
I find it strange that I am fascinated with lamps and lighting when I tend to work mostly in the dark. When I had my office I NEVER turned on the overhead lights. Well maybe if I had dropped a paper clip and couldn't find it. I operated with a table lamp equipped with a 60 watt bulb. At home it is the same story.  I call it mood lighting.

This projected started with a Craigslist purchase. I went with the pink organ donor lamp in mind but I spy something else I need. Purchase price $8.00.  Sweet!  I just wish I could figure a way to light the base.  So cool when the light shines up through the marble.  Love it.


Here are some close-ups...notice the grunge.



 

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE: Dismantle and sand-blast.  There was peeling paint and a little bit of oxidation so sand-blasting was a good choice.  Leaves a nice clean and smooth surface to paint.

Sand blasted and ready to prime.
Now I just need to make a color choice.  My go-to color choice is Oil Rubbed Bronze (who doesn't love ORB?) but I need a complimentary color.  Or do I? I'm going to think on this one for a while. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment